Question: Allow Mobile Attach

David A. Burgess dburgess at jcis.net
Fri Jun 12 04:06:36 UTC 2009

Yes.  This is very useful feature in some legitimate applications,
like handset testing and disaster relief.  It also makes it very easy
to accidentally block cellular service for random subscribers in your
test area if you forget that it is turned on.  If you put a feature
like this on you system, you might also consider delivering a test
message to the newly attached subscriber telling them what has
happened.  Otherwise the system too easily lends itself to abuse.

-- David

On Jun 11, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Holger Freyther wrote:

> On Thursday 11 June 2009 19:19:40 Eric Cathelinaud wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am trying to understand the code to make several tests.
>> If I understand, the default setting is to refuse any phone trying to
>> connect the network?
>> I would like to change this in the code to accept everyone.
>> I saw in bsc_hack the Control Channel Description which seems to
>> deal with
>> this. Am I wrong?
>
> Accept everyone? as in location updating request? There should be a
> command
> line option for it. The thing that is missing to make this really
> useful is
> that no one in the network got an "extension" assigned so calling,
> SMS, etc.
> is not useful...
>
> z.

David A. Burgess