layer 1 debugging

Eric Cathelinaud e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 10:56:25 UTC 2009

Thanks a lot for this layer 1 debugging tutorial. It helped me a lot since i
was thinking I did something wrong with mISDN. I checked the step 3 and find
out that my ISDN card was working fine.
Then I tried to invert my twinax plugs and it worked. I think there is a
mistake in the wiki.
It's written in http://bs11-abis.gnumonks.org/trac/wiki/BS11_Configuration :
- left Y01 PCM in (from BSC): RJ45 pin 4,5
- Y02 PCM out (to BSC): RJ45 pin 1,2

but for me it works with :
Y01 PCM : RJ45 pin 1,2 (orange / white orange for a straight cable)
Y02 PCM : RJ45 pin 4,5 (blue / white blue for a straight cable)

I can now see the network on my mobile phone thanks a lot.

Best regards
Eric Cathelinaud