Possible to control the radio strength of a nanoBTS?

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:49:48 UTC 2009

Hello guys,

Antoher interesting thing I found, is when trying to force the mobile to
register to the nanoBTS by simulating a commecrial provider, the classic
mobilephones like a Nokia 6230, 6310i or a Siemens MC 60 do register to
the nanoBTS. But PocketPCs like the HTCs (artemis, Diamond Touch,
Qtek9090 and others of the same factory) just loses its signal or
refuses to change bts.

I haven't tested more mobilephones yet, but it's a bit strange that
untill now it's succesful with normal mobilephones, but not with PDAs
with integrated gsm module. Maybe the PDAs also checks for the
availability of GPRS before registering to the BTS?
I don't know if that kind of information is provided in the Broadcast
channel (BCCH). I'll check it out.

regards,

Nordin.