Possible to control the radio strength of a nanoBTS?

Nordin Bouchtaoui bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:40:18 UTC 2009

Well I guess you're right. I modified the source as suggested and tried it
out. But there was no difference.

The reason I want to boost up its transmitpower, is because I wanted to test
the handover. If our nanoBTS acts like a commercial provider I just see one
MS trying to register to our nanoBTS. This is because it's just a meter away
from our bts, while my mobile (an HTC Artemis) doesn't register to our bts
with a distance of less than 10 m.
Even when I switch off and on, while I'm just a meter away of our bts, my
mobile somehow keeps registering to the real provider (I tested by simply
calling someone).

Another interesting thing is, if I simulate a total different provider,
which doesn't exist here, I can easely find our bts, with manual search.
Also the MS seems to have its own database of all the country codes,
networkcodes and its belonging providernames. I thought the BSC sends these
information to the MS and the MS checks it with SIM data. (But that;s
off-topic).

Greetings.