OpenBSC should now have full support for BS-11 with two TRX

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 29 14:50:06 UTC 2009

Hi!

Please note:
===========================
commit d46299da00f923b24043aa37fa2bae17ffcc1ff7

    make channel allocator policy multi-TRX aware

    For now, we assume that TRX1 (and higher) all have a TCH/F configuration
    on all of their timeslots

commit 67b4c30a9de972d199830bba5535e934bd47ac0f

    complete TRX1 support for BS11

    * remove old HAVE_TRX1 definition, replace it with '-1' commandline argument
    * make sure we actually configure the OML TRX attributes with a different
      ARFCN than TRX0
    * make sure we configure timeslot 0 of TRX1 also in TCH/F mode

    This code is untested, but if you have a dual-trx BS-11, and the second TRX
    is activated, you should be able to run bsc_hack with the -1 option to enable
    and use the second trx.  It works like this:
    * TRX1 shares E1 timeslot 0 for signalling
    * TRX1 RSL link uses TEI2 (TRX0 uses 1)
    * TRX1 on ARFCN+2, i.e. if you have TRX0 on 122, TRX1 will be 124

I'm very happy if somebody wans to test this.  First of all, it is important
to see if there are any error messages during OML and RSL brigup, and if
the TEI2 link is actually established from mISDN.

If you want to actually use the second TRX, you will either have to make sure
all TCH/H on TRX0 are used (establish sufficient simultaneous calls), or
hack chan_alloc.c to give a preference to TRX1, or to do round-robin or
whatever :)