ip.access RTP capture using Version 1 (FR) codec

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 29 12:43:12 UTC 2009

Hi Dieter,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:03:10PM +0200, Dieter Spaar wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:33:59 +0200, "Harald Welte" <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> >
> > The FR pcap file is attached to this mail. I'll also put it to the nanoBTS wiki
> > page, like the EFR capture before.  I hope this helps you to decode the voice
> > samples.
>
> Decoding with Toast would work fine but there is the same problem, lots
> of missing packets. If I look at the capture timestamps, there seem to
> miss about 0.8 seconds of data at regular intervals (the first disruption
> is at packet number 681, the next at 710, 742, ...). These are also the
> positions where the Wireshark RTP analysis complains about wrong sequence
> numbers.

That's really weird.  I almost think there must be something wrong on my
machine while capturing those packets.  At least while making the call I did
not notice strange interruptions - but I may have missed that.

If you're interested, you can certainly try for yourself with your nanoBTS...

In any case, openbsc seems to be able to deal quite fine with FR and EFR calls
in TCH/F timeslots now.