wireshark, viewing Abis communication

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:31:03 UTC 2009

Hello Harald,

Should the plugin you added for Wireshark decode almost all messages or
not? Cause on the OML layer a lot of OML messages are not decoded, is
this behaviour normal?

I now try to follow the communication flow, but can't seem to understand
the multiple  OML messages. It starts with 0x00, than a datalen and than
protocol (0xFF) and than it starts with 0x80, 0x80,.... But I can't find
0x80 (messagetype) in OpenBSC source. I've checked ipaccess.h and
ipaccess.c, but nothing...maybe I lokked at the wrong place.