CCCH

Eric Cathelinaud e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:00:14 UTC 2009

2009/7/10 Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 01:18:05PM +0200, Eric Cathelinaud wrote:
> > Hi everybody
> >
> > I just would like to be sure that the paging is only sent on TS0 with
> > OpenBSC, that is to say PCH (which is on CCCH) is only sent on TS0.
> > I read that it could be sent on more time slots (TS2, TS4 and TS6 also)
> in
> > the GSM specifications. Is it the case in the soft or you just keep the
> > normal multiplexage setting (TS0 only for CCCH+BCCH, 1 slot for dedicated
> > channels and 6 slots for the traffic channels)?
>
> we only run one timeslot (TS0) for the CCCH (and thus the PCH).  Using more
> timeslots is only required in really large BTS with many TRX - not a case
> we particularly care about right now.
>
> --
> - Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>
> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/

> "Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
>                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)

Ok thanks
I was just thinking about performing a recursive paging in order to see how
much time I have until the battery of a mobile phone run out.
Does anyone know if the mobile phone answers at every paging or if it
doesn't "listen" all the time? I think it listens periodically. If anyone
can give me a clue, that would be appreciated.

Eric Cathelinaud