ip.access protocol reverse engineering

Philippe Langlois phil at tstf.net
Fri Feb 13 17:16:13 UTC 2009

Hey Harald!
On 13 Feb 2009, at 17:53, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 03:31:08PM +0100, Philippe Langlois wrote:
>> Can you also upload there some raw packet traces of this ip.access
>> abis-over-ip ?
> I'm working on a wireshark plugin, and I'll release traces + the
> plugin soon.
ok, cool! By the way, we're maybe going to have access to one
ip.access nanoBTS unit. I'll keep you informed.

> The traces will then be traces of OpenBSC talking to the nanoBTS.
> The traces
> I currently have are from a test network, but contain things like
> IMSI/IMEI
> numbers which I consider confidential information.
yes, I definitely understand.

> By the way:  There is currently no wireshark plugin for GSM 12.21
> (OML) yet, as
> far as I can tell.  Only 08.58 is there.  Anyone interested in
> working on this?
I'm in project release right now, but yes, this is definitely
interesting.

Best,
Philippe (still on the look-out for a Cologne E1 PCI card at
affordable price).
--
http://www.tmplab.org