RRLP / ephemeris data

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 01:30:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 09:20:15PM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> > Just FYI, I have code that generates the ephemeris data in the good
> format
> > for RRLP message from a u-blox receiver.
> > I sent it to dieter, just need to plug it into openbsc.
>
> That's great!
>
> I remember hearing/reading that you've been working on it, but never
> realised that this work was actually completed.  Thanks a lot.

The main.c is currently a test stub, reading from a file, printing on
stdout, but fixing that into something usable for 26c3 shouldn't be long.
I'm working on SMS and ciphering right now but at worse I could write
something up in the plane or the day just before.

The plan was to have a daemon running that would essentially play the role
of the LCS, mapping a tcp session to a RRLP session. This way I could have
re-used the same code for both openbsc/openbts.

It also misses the Reference Position decoding/encoding (currently my home
GPS coordinates are hardcoded :), I'll have to fix that.

BTW, when do you setup the network ? I should be in Berlin the 26th late
afternoon if you need help setup/pre-testing.

> I've imported it into the openbsc.git repository, hope you don't mind.

Not at all, that's what it was written for :)

     Sylvain