Issues on initial setup with BS-11

David A. Burgess dburgess at jcis.net
Thu Dec 3 09:07:56 UTC 2009

Dieter -

I don't know if that's valid by the spec or not, but it's part of a
pretty standard configuration in IMSI-catchers: CCCH+SDCCH4 +
6*SDCCH8 + TCH/F.  That maximizes location updating capacity and
leaves one TCH/F for other ... mischief.  Most of those IMSI-catchers
are based on commercial mini/nano-BTS equipment.

-- David

On Dec 3, 2009, at 8:26 AM, Dieter Spaar wrote:

> Hello Paul,
>
> On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 22:36:53 +0000, s4dd at losers.yore.ma wrote:
>
>> Any help you guys could give is much appreciated!
>
> I think the problem is the "Invalid Channel Combination!!!"
> error message. Try to change "phys_chan_config" of timeslot
> 1 from "SDCCH8" to "TCH/F". From my understanding of
> verify_chan_comb() "SDCCH8" is not allowed on the same TRX that
> already has "CCCH+SDCCH4" so I wonder why it is set in the
> config file (this only applies to the BS11). Sorry, I don't
> have a ready BS11 configuration at hand right now, so I can't
> test it.
>
> Best regards,
>   Dieter
> --