Disabling RF for a TRX / Tracking abis NM state

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Dec 21 09:35:20 UTC 2009

On Sunday 20 December 2009 14:16:31 Holger Freyther wrote:

> I think I will have something working by tomorrow.

Using administrative will not make us happy. From what I see in the 12.21 it
has two different meanings. In one way it should be controlled by the BSC and
in another way it can be used by the BTS to send information (MMI whatever
that is...)

So when we set the administrative state of the trx to unlocked it will be
changed in abis_nm_rx_statechg_rep to whatever we got from the BTS (mostly
being locked).

One approach would be to never set administrative in abis_nm but then we would
lose the state of the BTS... and we would not update it when we get acks..

So I was introducing administrative_bsc and administrative_bts to the nm_state
struct and keep the bsc state in the bsc one and the bts field in the bts one.
Now I'm kind of struggling with bringing up the BTS (I make it reboot...)

Harald do you have an idea of how it should look like?