Cell Broadcast Support

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Aug 25 13:00:52 UTC 2009

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:23:40AM +0900, Galbayar D wrote:

> Is OpenBSC supports Cell Broadcast?

no, we do not support cell broadcast so far.

> If not is there any plan? or Is someone developing?

It is on our wish-list, but nobody is working on it.

It should not be too difficult:
* Switch the CCCH to a configuration that includes the CBCH
* Advertise that we have a CBCH in SYSTEM INFORMATION
* make sure channel allocator understands that CCCH now only contains
  three useful SDCCH/4 slots
* prepare and send the actual Cell Broadcast messages and send them to the BTS