BS-11 link does not come up

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Aug 22 05:27:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:33:19PM +0400, Sergey V. Efimoff wrote:
> It is all OK now. I've downloaded latest mISDNv2 stack from
> misdn.org and now it works.
> Though I can't see network name on my GSM phone, only MCC/MNC.

that is normal.  the network name can only be sent after the phone is
registered to the network.

> Also, SMS delivery is extremely unstable. It delivers only after I
> switch recipient phone off/on,

we currently only deliver pending messages on location update, and we
also do a periodic location update.

and yes, the software has many bugs, that's why it's called bsc_hack.  It's a
community project, so if you can help debugging or send actual fixes, it will
be appreciated.