OpenBSC with configuration file

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 09:42:09 UTC 2009

Hi Holger,

I still get the same problem. I'm not familiar with git, I just did "git
pull" and saw it downloading the latest version. When running the
command like Eric suggested #./bsc_hack -tnanobts1800 -f 567 it respond
with bad arguments for both:
#./bsc_hack -t nanobts1800 -f 567
./bsc_hack: invalid option -- t
./bsc_hack: invalid option -- f
DB: Database initialized.
DB: Database prepared.
GSM900 channel must be between 1-124.
e1_reconfig_bts(0)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,0)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,1)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,2)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,3)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,4)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,5)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,6)
e1_reconfig_ts(0,0,7)
mi_e1_line_update could not open socket Address family not supported by
protocol

So I've checked bsc_hack.c and realized these options are not inculded
in getopt_long():
1146         c = getopt_long(argc, argv, "hd:sl:ar:p:C:RTPc:",
1147                                 long_options, &option_index);

As you see, no bts type and arfcn options.

I attached the modified config file, but it's not really special about it.
I think Harald hasn't finished that part, as we know he is a very busy
man :)
Holger, I've never done a patch and as a beginner I want to learn by
looking over the shoulder. I tried to get the "Network Listen" for
nanobts done, but I couldn't manage that. So for now I more want to
learn from you, sorry about that.