wireshark, viewing Abis communication

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Aug 3 10:49:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 09:50:18AM +0200, Nordin wrote:

> >>I'm undergoing a transformation from Windows developer to Linux
> >>developer. I'm like Jetfire from Transformer II, leaving the
> >>Decepticons for becoming an Autobot :p
> >
> >you don't really need all of that, at least with the nanoBTS:  Dieter is
> >running OpenBSC happily on Windows.  Still, the open source experience /
> >learning curve remains - it's just no longer related to Linux itself.
>
> Shouldn't you be proud to have a new Linux member/user/developer :)

I'm not a missionary. Everyone uses what they think solves their problems best.

> If Dieter has a Windows variant of OpenBSC, it would be great.

I've been asking Dieter all the time to send patches that we can integrate.
However, nothing has been coming forward yet.  Especially if we look at
nanoBTS-only and ignore the HFC-E1/BS11 stuff, it should be pretty easy,
most likely just some different header filee includes here and there.