AW: first patch: mISDN handling

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Apr 24 19:43:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 03:44:44PM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 April 2009 15:25:59 Andreas.Eversberg wrote:
> > i just want to know, if my recent patch arrived on this list (my last
> > mail), because my first mail formatting was detected as spam. i see no
> > reaction to my last mail.
>
> Yes, I waited for Harald to respond as he is the boss.

sorry, I am always under a lot of time constraints, so please don't
be surprised if you don't get an immediate response.  The lat two days I've
been sitting in a room full of 40-or-so lawyers, which is also very exciting
and important for Free Software, but doesn't really make me get any code done.

> My taste regarding patches is very special and I prefer the smaller
> patches... e.g. I would like to have separate patches for things like LAC,
> auto release of layer2,

I agree to that, and I don't think it is special but rather the most common
case in Free Software projects, at least all that I have been involed in.

Nonetheless, no need to split up the existing patch by Andreas.  But for
the future a set of incremental but distinct per-feature patches would
probably be better.

I will only be in Berlin next week before departing for Taiwan again.  So
that last week at home is typically very busy, don't expect me to get
much done.  I will look into all of Andreas' pending patches and test + apply
them as applicable on my BS-11 setup at home.

The good news is:
1) There are now two BS-11 in Taipei that I have to set up (and can use) while
   being there, so there's no lack of hardware access during the 3 weeks there.
2) I just received news that the nanoBTS 1800 for Dieter and me have
   arrived.