MBCCU0: No Load

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Thu Apr 23 11:12:02 UTC 2009

Hello Bjoern,

[ I sent it to the OpenBSC list too, because there are the Linux
experts ]

> Ok, Ill give it a try later on today.
> Just one thing:
> Ive now compiled OpenBSC on a fresh installed Debian lenny machine,
> and LMT etc. works great but if I try to start bsc_hack I get the
> following:
>
> gsmbase1:/home/tec/openbsc/src# ./bsc_hack
> DB: Database initialized.
> DB: Database prepared.
> could not open socket Address family not supported by protocol
>
> It seems to be related to af_packet Kernel module, but I cant find the
> mod.
>
> Do you have an idea?

Don't ask me about Linux details, I am coming from Windows ;-)

Maybe it is related to mISDN, I think there is also a special
tunnel for capturing the traces in Wireshark. The rest (Telnet
interface) should be standard socket operations.

Maybe someone else can give a better explanation, the above is
just my understanding.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de