success

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Apr 16 10:30:18 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 13:10:36 Andreas.Eversberg wrote:

> - remove all call/subscriber handling from layer 3 and put it into a
> seperat file (layer 4 call control). it will then be possible to
> initialize libbsc without the built-in call control and database, to use
> it for other applications like asterisk and linux-call-router.

my two cents on this.

call handling:
	I think whatever we have/put into OpenBSC should be fully spec
        compliant. I don't see the reason to allow to use an entire different
        implementation of the call handling. I totally agree that policies
	(e.g. which state to enter after ...) should be fully controllable on
        the app layer.

> the estimated time for this will be about 2-3 months. the result will be
> a complete BSC+MSC with routing and PBX features and asterisk interface.
> i will provide a patch en-block, because i work on all parts at the same
> time.

hmm a patch accumulating 2-3 months of work? that will be pretty hard for
everyone to review or even change direction early on...