BS-11 PLL clock source / calibration

Holger Adams holger at kernreaktor.org
Wed Apr 29 09:11:40 UTC 2009

Hi Harald,

Am Di, 28.04.2009, 18:31, schrieb Harald Welte:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:07:44PM +0200, Dieter Spaar wrote:
>
>> > We could add this setting to the bs11_config program so people can try
>> if
>> > their E1 clock or their [10 years uncalibrated] BS11 internal
>> oscillator is
>> > better.
>>
>> I did a quick test with this setting and it seems to work fine
>> with the BS-11 (so we should not believe the documentation ;-).
>>
>> Here is the LMT dump for the PLL Mode, it can be changed during
>> normal operation:
>>
>>   ; Locked
>>   Tx D0A5070000FC0102
>>   Rx D1A5070000FC0102
>>
>>   ; Standalone
>>   Tx D0A5070000FC0103
>>   Rx D1A5070000FC0103
>
> I have created a patch for bs11_config to emit those two messages. It's
> attached to this mail, but I haven't had time to test it yet.
>
> However, since it doesn't change any common code paths, I have committed
> it.
> It would be great if somebody could do some testing if this actually
> works.

Not yet:

openbsc:/studienarbeit/svn/trunk/openbsc# bs11_config pll-e1-locked
bs11_config (C) 2009 by Harald Welte and Dieter Spaar
This is FREE SOFTWARE with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

LMT LOGON: ACK

PHASE: 2 Maintenance          MBCCU0: Load        MBCCU1: Load
Abis-link: Down
Segmentation fault

It dies at:
abis_nm_bs11_set_pll_locked (bts=0xb7efa018, locked=1) at
../include/openbsc/tlv.h:20

tlv.h:
static inline u_int8_t *tlv_put(u_int8_t *buf, u_int8_t tag, u_int8_t len,
                                const u_int8_t *val)
{
        *buf++ = tag;
        *buf++ = len;