BS-11 PLL clock source / calibration

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Fri Apr 17 20:07:44 UTC 2009

Hello Harald,

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:17:13 +0200, "Harald Welte" <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> Dieter, what I just found out is that the LI object has a user-configurable
> setting, where we can force it to be stand alone or locked to the E1.
>
> We could add this setting to the bs11_config program so people can try
> if their E1 clock or their [10 years uncalibrated] BS11 internal oscillator
> is better.
>
> What do you think?

I did a quick test with this setting and it seems to work fine
with the BS-11 (so we should not believe the documentation ;-).

Here is the LMT dump for the PLL Mode, it can be changed during
normal operation:

  ; Locked
  Tx D0A5070000FC0102
  Rx D1A5070000FC0102

  ; Standalone
  Tx D0A5070000FC0103
  Rx D1A5070000FC0103

A little bit strange is the behaviour of NM_ATT_BS11_CCLK_ACCURACY,
if the PLL Mode is set to "Standalone", it changes to "high accuracy",
however if you restart the BS-11, this attribute stays at "medium
accuracy". Maybe NM_ATT_BS11_CCLK_ACCURACY has no meaning if the
PLL Mode is set to "Standalone".

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de