BS-11 runs, but no Network on my Mobile

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Wed Apr 8 19:44:02 UTC 2009

Hello Marcel,

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:14:36 +0200, "Marcel Klein" <marcel at koeln.ccc.de> wrote:

> Hm wouldn't it be possible to sync our clock with the official networks
> (without an extra ISDN-line)?  Somebody told me that there are several
> ways to sync the clock.  Here we discussed the ISDN way, but somebody
> told me that it should also be possible to set the clock over GPS and/or
> other networks in our area.

The BS-11 takes the clock from the E1 line as reference. So you somehow
have to make sure that this clock is stable and accurate. If you don't
use another ISDN line, you have to generate a stable and accurate clock
for the E1 card yourself.

Another approach might be to calibrate the BS-11 internal oscillator,
this can be done by software. However it is not yet sure if this will
solve the problem in a reliable way, also I have not yet found a way
to measure the BS-11 clock without opening the case.

If you want to experiment with your test network only it should not
care, beside some additional effort to initially register to the
network, the BS-11 clock is most certainly stable enough so that
a phone can stay synchronized to the BS-11 network and that it can
be used with this network.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de