BS-11 runs, but no Network on my Mobile

Marcel Klein marcel at koeln.ccc.de
Thu Apr 2 16:03:24 UTC 2009

Dieter Spaar wrote:
> Something different to try: If finding the "001 01" network takes too
> long and changing the ARFCN also does not help (to make sure that
> there is no interference) maybe increasing the TRX power changes
> the result ? Just try it for a short time (one or two minutes)
> and see if that helps. Here at my place (most certainly a rather
> "clean" RF environment) I don't have problems to find the "001 01"
> network, this works with different phones (old and new ones) and only
> takes about 30 seconds doing a "manual search". I can also see all the
> other official networks.

Okay I just tried it with "TRX Power: 80mW (GSM)" an it seems to work
much better.  Three phones found the network in less than a minute and
showed it along with the official networks.

However, one phone (k800i) still loses the list of the official networks
after connecting to the "00! 01".

More tests later, I don't want to disturb the neighbors. :)

So Andreas, you might want to try increasing the TRX power too.

Thank you. :)

      kenny_