[op25-dev] HackRF options ? More than this needed like the Airspys???

iain macdonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Sun Sep 6 18:22:30 UTC 2020

I just started playing with a HackRF One ("clone"). This seems to
basically work:

--args 'hackrf' -N RF:0,IF:24,BB:28 -S 4000000 -o 100e3 -q 0 -d 0 ....

I think 4M SMPS is around the limit for the processor in my RPi3 -
beyond that, regular traffic sounds like it's encrypted :)

Not sure if '-g' does anything in this context?

I included the '-o' since there's a pretty hefty DC center spike.
Still need to figure out if I can make op25 park on a fixed center
frequency and find the channels with the sampled space, but I need
something better than the RPi3 to cover the system that I want to
monitor (channels span about 5MHz).

You probably know already, but in case not; the gains are:

RF: preamp - either 0 (off) or 14 (on)
IF: aka LNA - from 0 to 40 in 8dB steps
BB: "baseband" (a.k.a. VGA) - from 0 to 62 in 2dB steps

Mine mysteriously stopped receiving on a few occasions yesterday.
Nothing in the output to explain why (with '-v2') - it just stopped
showing TSBKs (and CPU usage dropped to nothing). I cranked it up to
'-v10' yesterday, but haven't reproduced the problem (yet)....

    ~iain