[op25-dev] Audio Dies Pt2 and JSON meta tags????

Graham Norbury gnorbury at bondcar.com
Mon Feb 25 11:00:21 UTC 2019

Localizing the problem is going to take some detective work.
1. Determine whether op25 is receiving, decoding and outputting audio.
Depending how you run your log level, I'd suggest first looking for
"voice update" messages which are produced at level "-v 1" (or greater)
every time op25 tunes a voice channel.  Once that is confirmed, I'd look
for occasional "PCM underrun" messages that are occasionally emitted by
sockaudio when there are inevitable lost frames or processing delays.
You should be able to get a sense of the approximate frequency looking
back at the log when audio is known to be good.  Sudden absence of these
sporadic underruns would suggest either op25 stopped sending pcm or the
alsa subsystem had an issue.

2. Compare the behavior when outputting to 'aloop' vs 'default'
(speaker) device.  In the past when I've seen the sudden absence of
audio, it has only affected output to aloop.

3. Consider temporarily testing with the internal audio player disabled
(remove the -U and make sure you have -V -w) then run an instance of nc
| aplay  Generally 'nc' is quite chatty when it's running so you should
be able to see if raw udp samples stop arriving at some point.

Let me know what happens.
Graham