[op25-dev] Why can't I hear fire tones?

'William Becks' wllmbecks@gmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sat Jun 16 23:33:19 UTC 2018

It’s obvious that the software vocoder in OP25 does not decode all/some tones as does the DVSI hardware solution used commercially.

For your information, the simulcast question was to query why his scanner was having difficulty with missing transmission as virtually all consumer grade scanner receivers have great difficulty with simulcast systems.     If you’ve been following the thread, the users wants/desires the tones that are not being decoded/reproduced by OP25.   That is why he needs to seek another solution.   Maybe you have the skills to rewrite the vocoder code for o25.  That would be nice!

Bill