[op25-dev] Re: OP25 on Ubuntu 14.04

'William Becks' wa8wg@centurytel.net [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Tue Oct 10 23:50:34 UTC 2017

Graham,

I believe that I have corrected the unstable audio level issue.  In addition to sudo apt-get autoremove pulseaudio, I installed sudo apt-get install gnome-alsamixer, then issued gnome-alsamixer to set the level controls. This apparently caused a conflict with existing alsamixer and alsactl store files and functions?

That said, having removed gnome-alsamixer has allowed Ubuntu’s alsactl store to set and maintain consistent audio levels that remain following restarts.

Thank you for your help!

Bill, WA8WG