[op25-dev] OP25 for noobs by a noob (long)

'WA8WG' wa8wg@centurytel.net [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Wed Aug 9 22:48:27 UTC 2017

Dick,

If you still don’t get any audio once you have implemented the suggested changes to your scope.py command line and trunk.tsv files, then it’s very likely you don’t have the correct NAC for the Plano PAWN simulcast system.   I would suggest installing Unitrunker on a Windows box but it does not support hackrf to my knowledge.   It does support the RTL-SDR, Airspy, and raw discriminator audio.    Unitrunker would provide you with the system NAC needed for your trunk.tsv file to run

Scopey.py.    Short of that, do you have a consumer scanner that has p25?    Some of the consumer p25 scanners have a diagnostic or analyze function that will also display the NAC when manually tuned to the control channel.  The GRE PSR500/600 and equivalent Radio Shack scanners have this feature as well as the Whistler P25 scanners.   Perhaps a friend has one of these units if you don’t have one yourself to use in determining the NAC.

On another note, I somehow got the impression that you are running OP25 (scope.py) under Linux on Virtualbox.    There are a couple of settings on your Virtualbox machine that make a difference in how OP25 runs as well.   Feel free to private email me directly if you would like to discuss how I have my Ubuntu 14.04 + OP25 setup on Oracle Virtualbox.

Bill

William G. Becks, WA8WG

N7027 Shady Lane Circle

Porterfield, WI 54159