[op25-dev] OP25 for noobs by a noob (long)

flkmrz@gmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Thu Jul 27 04:28:12 UTC 2017

Hi Dick,

You're welcome. Happy to help.

As far as a grc file goes, I've been working on that off and on lately.  Been busy though, so I haven't had the chance to get it working yet.

Ideally, what I would like to do is be able to generate a stand-alone op25 file that would run on lightweight systems, such as nextthing's chip, rasberry pi, etc. and not require a ridiculously complex install procedure.

There are a number of grc files floating around for op25 -- the problem is that none of them work. It appears that the main issue with these is that they either reference gnuradio blocks that have been deprecated, or gnuradio blocks that have been forked.  Either way, grc simply errors out and won't work.

So, what needs to happen is to track down the source code for the required blocks, build them, and integrate them into gnuradio.  Then, put together a functional op25 grc file. Unfortunately, this seems to be a non-trivial task. Ideally, this would then be added to the mainline trunk version.

As far as audio goes, there are several threads on the forum dealing with audio issues.  Come back and let us know what you did to get your audio working.

Regards,

fm