[op25-dev] Control channel questions
Alex email@example.com [op25-dev]
op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Mon May 8 03:44:16 UTC 2017
Let's say you're scanning the airwaves in the frequency range of a
known P25 system and come across a spike in power at one particular
band that never shuts off.
* You should think that you've located a control channel, correct?
* If so, is it safe to say that the upstream and downstream channels
are side-by-side (one contiguous frequency band)?
* What is the most accurate way of determining whether what you've
discovered is a Phase I or Phase II system?
* When someone keys up a radio, is the following sequence of events
1. The radio sends a packet via the upstream control channel
indicating that it wishes to speak.
2. The fixed site sends a packet via the downstream control channel
indicating a frequency X on which it wants the speaker to transmit.
3. The fixed site sends a packet via the downstream control channel
instructing all radios in the talk group to tune in to a frequency Y.
4. The speaker transmits on frequency X, and the fixed site acts as a
repeater, re-broadcasting the audio to frequency Y.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the op25-dev