[op25-dev] OP25 and GRC

'Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras' ralph@schmid.xxx [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Fri Mar 31 04:33:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

what exactly are your issues? On my system (Kubuntu 16.04, uhd and gnuradio built from source, both from the branches “master”) even gr-baz does not build :) And the flowgraph is quite complicated, heavily relying on gr-baz blocks, also some P25 blocks are not found.

Ralph.

From: op25-dev at yahoogroups.com [mailto:op25-dev at yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, 31 March, 2017 02:24
To: op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [op25-dev] OP25 and GRC

Hello,

Regarding Balint's newer (2016 version) OP25 flowgraph for GRC, has anyone been sucessful in getting it to work yet?
I see that there is a recent thread here regarding OP25 command line version from op25.osmocom.org/trac/wiki. I've been able to get that version working on the command line. No problems there. But when it comes to running the OP25 flowgraph in GRC, well, it seems to require some black magic to get it to work (I've heard rumors of a few people getting it to work, but unverified).  The command line version is great and works wonderfully, but it doesn't really teach us much about the inner workings of DSP and P25.

I'm running a dedicated Ubuntu 14.04 machine. I installed OP25, GNU Radio etc verbatim from the install instructions on the OP25 install page. Every thing surprisingly went well. Regarding Balint's flowgraph, I can get the flowgraph to compile and run. I set the center frequency to the frequency I&# 39;m transmitting on. All the graphs and scopes seem to functioning correctly. They show a signal being received (from my transmitter), but it just can't seem to get around to decoding the P25 signal.

I know that gnuradio-companion (GRC) and flowgraphs aren't technically a part of the OP25 project, but I thought someone else here may have fiddled with it and got it to work. I've been trying on and off for several days without success.

http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/Gr-baz#op25
https://github.com/balint256/gr-baz

Here are the links to Balint's wiki and git page if anyone cares to play around with it. I believe the wiki page still contains the outdated (2013) version of the flowgraph, whereas the example at the git page was updated in late 2015 for GNU Radio v3.7.