[op25-dev] New member question

Chuck Kelsey wb2edv@roadrunner.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sun Mar 26 00:05:31 UTC 2017

Hello all. I am new on this list as of Thursday, so hopefully I'm not
asking something that has been covered a bunch of times. I did try a
search first on the web page.

Anyway, I'm interested in finding how to use OP25 to listen to our new
county P25 phase 2 simulcast system. I've listened to the system with a
scanner and the results were pretty dismal. Some have told me that OP25
puts the scanners to shame.

I understand that OP25 works on Linux, but not sure of system
requirements. I believe I read that a Raspberry Pi3 won't cut it. While
I use a Linux machine for AllStar, I don't really know much about the
operating system (someone provided me with an image on a disk that
self-loaded).

So, please keep it simple.

Chuck
WB2EDV