[op25-dev] Migration of op25.osmocom.org ?

ikjtel ikj1234i@yahoo.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Mon Apr 4 17:22:45 UTC 2016

Hopefully Stevie can comment on this as well, but IIRC there are three services we currently depend upon op25.osmocom.org for- - wiki content (trac) - git repo (current code) - svn repo (older code)

    On Monday, April 4, 2016 12:15 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

 On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 02:45:23PM +0000, ikjtel wrote:

> yes, Harald, and thanks for hosting OP25 and for offering to
> continue!  100% in favor of this and please be sure to let us know
> what we can do / how we can help.  As for the code in SVN it would be
> good to migrate this - we did switch over the current code to git a
> while ago, and the code remaining in SVN has some legacy modules in
> it, so perhaps we could create a new branch in the git repo to stash
> this old code (stuff that we'd hope to carry forward someday).

sure, this sounds like a great idea.  It might also make sense to do a
full svn->git conversion of the current repository and keep it as an
'op25-historic' git repo around.  This way the full history will be
preserved.

In terms of the wiki and issue migration: I'd hope that Holger could
provide some insight into that.

Aside from the trac instance, are you currently running anything else
on the op25.osmocom.org VM that would need to be migrated?

- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>          http://laforge.gnumonks.org/