[op25-dev] Beta Test of New Additions - compile error on make

verymetl@hotmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Wed Nov 25 22:54:28 UTC 2015

Hi Joe

 You will need to comment out "gitbranch: max" and uncomment the "#gitbranch: master" lines. In fact, the 'max' branch on the osmo repo has been promoted to master some months back...

 You only need to env after the gnuradio install, unless you've made some major modifications to the base install. So don't worry about that.

I typically have several different installs of various blocks, op25 being one of them. When I experiment with others forks, I'll rename the directory, gr-op25 in this case, to something like "gr-op25.stock", or "gr-op25.baz". After I rename the directory, I issue a "./pybombs remove gr-op25" to clean the gnuradio block database so it lets me install another repo after I edit the recipe. Once you rename these directories, you can always rename them to their original "gr-op25" name and issue a "./pybombs rb gr-op25" to rebuild that block again.

 It's also important to comment out the "depends" line so the "remove" command doesn't uninstall those dependencies too. This is an annoyance I think will be addressed in "pybombs2". I haven't looked into that though...

 This probably isn't the "correct" way of doing things, but it works for me.

 -Scott

---In op25-dev at yahoogroups.com, <jcardani at ...> wrote :

 OK I have the recipe open for edit.

 I have the following now:

 category: common
 #depends: gnuradio boost libpcap gr-osmosdr libitpp
 source: git://git://op25.osmocom.org/op25.git
 #gitbranch: master
 gitbranch: max
 inherit: cmake

 So I would need to know what changes above and should I just run:

 ./pybombs install gr-op25
 sudo ldcongig

 Do I need to source the target again prior or do the ./pybombs env command?

 thanks