[op25-dev] RC4

Joseph Cardani jcardani@verizon.net [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Tue Oct 6 02:12:21 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I would like to resurrect this RC4 thread.

Has there been any progress on this?

I believe that a full key variable brute force retrieval within OP25 would raise way to many eyebrows. I believe a better idea would be two fold:

First modify OP25 to decrypt ADP, DES-OFB, AES256 etc with a known key. I believe the code was discussed by Steve and Matt. So if you know the key variable, simply enter it and decrypt away.

Second, modify OP25 to display the non-dropped “silence” bytes within the 6 blocks of data of VC1 & VC2. I believe this should be located in the first LDU1 frame right after the Header frame. Do this for ADP, DES-OFB, AES-256. Obviously the number of silence bytes would vary per algorithm.

That would be very valuable.

thanks,
Joe