[op25-dev] WBX or BasicRX ?

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Sat Mar 15 03:42:38 UTC 2014

On 03/14/2014 11:36 PM, ikj1234i at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Matt !
>
> Pleasant surprise to run into you- here's my interpretation of the
> issue with uhd:  the version of libusb that comes with stock ubuntu
> 12.04 doesn't define the symbol 'libusb_error_name' - consequently uhd
> fails to build.  This is all in a pybombs context, btw.  It appears
> that symbol was defined somewhere around version 1.0.9 of libusb which
> is newer than what's included in ubuntu 12.04.  Ubuntu 12.04 is listed
> BTW on the ettus.com site as being one of the supported releases for uhd.
>
> The net-net for end users is that on ubuntu 12.04 if the user attempts
> to issue the command
>    pybombs install gr-op25
> on a clean ubuntu 12.04 box there is a failure in the step where uhd
> is being built...  Let me know if I can furnish any other details or
> if the above is insufficient  / unclear
>
> Best Regards
>
> Max

It happens on Fedora systems, too, for libusb < 1.0.9.

There's a HAVE_LIBUSB_ERROR_NAME variable that is supposed to be set by
the cmake, but it isn't set properly always, and the b200_iface.cpp doesn't
   pick up the proper macro definition.

This has been identified to the dev team, but I guess not fixed yet.