[op25-dev] Re: Updating the OP25 codebase

ikj1234i ikj1234i at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 19:55:53 UTC 2013

Hi Keith

This would be very helpful!  We don't currently have a lot of hard data on how "phase 2" systems work.  AFAIK the top thing on the wish list would be a voice channel capture (when the channel is transmitting in phase 2 / TDMA mode).  Supposedly only the GRE PSR-800 scanner can receive this mode.

The capture should be in complex format - the sample rate should probably be at least 96,000, higher rates no problem.

As long your hardware is supported by GR you should be able to use the usrp_rx_cfile or uhd_rx_cfile app (or equiv). to do the signal capture...  Mostly, the only other thing when capturing is to make sure the RF front end gain is set optimally - there are GR apps such as uhd_fft and usrp_fft for scoping signals, helpful to get a bearing on things...

Best

Max