[op25-dev] Updating the OP25 codebase

Steve Glass stevie.glass at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 00:08:07 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone

I think its time to organize a drive to move the code to the latest version
of GNURadio. The OP25 codebase is suffering badly from bit rot and that
needs fixing. GNURadio has evolved and developed many new features we've
not properly kept up with. Fixing the codebase will mean that we can get
people working with much less hassle than at present.

I've created a wiki
page<http://op25.osmocom.org/wiki/wiki/ReengineeringPage>to act as the
starting point. I shall start opening tickets this week and
start mapping out the direction of the exercise. For now I want to focus
the effort on the core OP25 components and we can use GRC as our top-level
test harness. Take a look and take part in the discussion.

Atb

Steve