[op25-dev] Runtime error- ioctl(d_tap, TUNSETIFF, &ifr): Operation not permitted

md123 at nycap.rr.com md123 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 25 00:08:13 UTC 2013

Has anyone seen this error?  i cant
find anything on the web about this.  I already had to disable the Waterfall
sink and the FFT sink in order to get rid of the "AttributeError:
'gr_hier_block2_sptr' object has no attribute 'set_callback'" error.  Now OP25
dies this way:

Imported legacy fsk4
Using Volk machine: ssse3_32
RTL2832 Source block configuration:
	Read length (bytes): 262144
	Buffer enabled: yes
	Buffer multiplier: 8
	Buffer size (samples): 1048576
	Samples per read: 131072
	Buffer level: 50.0%
Successfully initialised demod: "ezcap EzTV"
Probing "e4k"...not found.
Probing "fc0013"...not found.
Probing "fc2580"...bad check value.
Probing "fc0012"...not found.
Probing "e4000"...not found.
Could not find tuner automatically after probe
Found RTL2832 device: ezcap EzTV (tuner: interface not implemented)
	Sample rate range:	900001 - 3200000 Hz
	Crystal frequency:	28800000 Hz
Wait delay: 196.608 ms
ioctl(d_tap, TUNSETIFF, &ifr): Operation not permitted
Using legacy decoder_ff

>>> Done

I'm using Unbuntu 12.10, GNUradio 3.6.3, python 2.7.3, and NooElec R820T RTL2832
stick.  I installed GNUradio using the build script on Balint's "how to build
page" but OP25 I had to build from source because the build script there has a
broken link.  Any help will be much appreciated.