[op25-dev] Re: Full asterisk support?

n4dav n4dav at verizon.net
Thu Feb 28 12:16:49 UTC 2013

Doug, glad you are doing that.. I also found the symbolic link info, and set it up and verified it with python -V. It showed 2.6, which to me means if you run python from anywhere, you get 2.6....except you don't from the makefile, apparently.

--- In op25-dev at yahoogroups.com, "Doug Bade" <kd8b at ...> wrote:

> I started on a second computer last evening to try Centos/Allstar as a base.
> I used the Acid disk.  I was able to get a lot of the prerequisites
> installed but a few are eluding me. I added the repoforge repository to my
> machine which houses a bunch of the general linux program parts that are
> needed. Most were able to be installed with yum.
>

> I ran out of time so still have more to build. I am keeping notes on what
> was in Acid and what I had to add
I am scraping build information from a
> couple places. CentOS without a GUI does make it more difficult to build
> some of this but in the long run will probably be a better more compact
> build.
>

> I saw that ACID has a python 2.4 directory as you noted
 I will be running
> into the same issue I am sure. What the answer is I found notes about making
> a symbolic link to point the machine path to the correct python directory (
> kind of an alias thing) so it can find the correct version. The notes were
> relative to python 3. Something relative to newer builds on Arch Linux which
> is a bleeding edge version of RHEL of which CentOS is a clone.
>
>                 I do agree that the build docs need some updating and more
> concise details if versions are an issue.. I see they are circa 2009-2010
> ish so makes for some stumbling along the way.
>
> Doug
>
> KD8B

and maybe sharing stumbles

> > Did you start with an Acid build??? I am thinking in the *production*
> > edition I will need to do that
..