[op25-dev] Experiences in package building

ikj1234i ikj1234i at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 17:43:40 UTC 2012

Recently did a clean install from source and had a few minor issues which I thought I'd write up here.  Machine is a 32 bit Ubuntu 11.04 install (and yes, the "unity" UI is truly as bad as they said)...

First, the following packages need to be included in the list of pre-req stuff installed via apt-get :
  libpcap0.8-dev
  cmake

Second apparently the newer versions of GR or SWIG have a new gruel library, causing a compile time error which I fixed by appending the path to this new library (file Makefile.common) as follows
SWIGGRFLAGS = -I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR)/swig -I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR) -I/usr/local/include/gruel/swig
This addition was needed for both the repeater and gr-fsk4 projects.

Third (for those of us dinosaurs still using the original gr-fsk4 sources) there were a few source modules that were failing on a missing printf definition, I fixed by adding
  #include <stdio.h>
as necessary...

Best

Max