NB-IoT support

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Thu May 28 09:44:59 UTC 2020

Hi Giovanni,

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 12:07:28PM +0200, Giovanni Rigazzi wrote:
> We are very interested in contributing to the development. In fact, we have
> a working NB-IoT testbed (commercial UE, eNB and EPC) and we can share pcap
> traces.

I am very interested in the topic of enabling NB-IoT support in open5gs.

However, my deep involvement with Osmocom doesn't currently allow me to spend
a lot of time on it.

However, I think it would indeed be very useful to get pcap trackes of
*all* relevant interfaces from S1 upwards for the most common types of
transactions.  In fact, this would be an educational resource even
beyond open5gs.

I am happy to offer creating some kind of wiki page[s] with annotations
and to split/filter the pcap files for easier consumptions, possibly
even draw some related ladder diagrams using mscgen.

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/