can we please make spammers harder to post new tickets?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Sep 8 10:53:26 UTC 2011

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 11:37:26AM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> Yes, its very slow interacting with git. Do you any hints how to
> avoid this except disabling trac<->git interaction entirely?

I think for something as large as the linux kernel tree it might make
sense to disable it completely.  Unfortunately the support for
'inceremntal repositories' was never fully implemented in git.  This way
you could have a small repo on dect.osmocom.org containing only those
few commits that relate to DECT.

Another option would be to go for mysql or postgresql as database
backend.  But even then, the load on the system (hosting dozens of
virtual machines for various projects) is probably still going to be
quite big...