can we please make spammers harder to post new tickets?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Aug 28 18:51:11 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 05:08:34PM +0200, Allard Dijk wrote:
> On avg. we get 2 spam tickets a day on Trac. Can you add some level of
> spam protection to add a ticket?

as Patrick is currently busy with the netfilter workshop, I have removed
TICKET_{CREATE,APPEND} for anonymous users.

I've also deleted tickets 22-75 as well as 77-84

In the process I also discovered that the trac.db is _very_ large
(5.1GB) since it contains all the changes of a linux kernel .git tree
going back to when Linus started to use git.  I guess this might
experience some of the performance problems I'm sometimes experiencing
on the machine...