Release of the DECT stack

Patrick McHardy kaber at trash.net
Thu Sep 30 10:14:17 UTC 2010

On 30.09.2010 11:53, Rik Snel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 01:08:43PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
>> I've released my DECT stack, its available at http://dect.osmocom.org.
>> There's also a small README file explaining its use, more documentation
>> will probably follow over the next one or two weeks.
>
> That's great work! Thanks for the timing comments in the firmware; they
> make the workings clearer for me.
>
> I have a Type III card with an LMX3161, for which support doesn't seem
> to be complete (I get an OOPS at
>
> sc1442x.c:         dev->radio_ops->rx_init(dev, off);
>
> because rx_init is NULL).
>
> Are there design issues that need to be addressed before LMX3136 support
> can be easily implemented? (eg: labels in the firmware explicitly refer
> to U2785)

I've started working on the radio support for LMX3161 last weekend, the
frequency calculations and radio programming is basically complete,
however there are some differences in the firmware besides the radio
initialization which I still need to analyze. I'm hoping we can use
the same firmware for both radios. Will let you know once I have
something testable.

BTW, there is a new list for topics related to the stack:

linux-dect at lists.osmocom.org