Siemens proprietary protocol

Patrick McHardy kaber at trash.net
Thu Oct 14 06:32:00 UTC 2010

I'm currently trying to reverse engineer the proprietary Siemens
protocol carried in <<ESCAPE-TO-PROPRIETARY>> information elements
in order to better support the many features that Siemens implements
in a proprietary fashion instead of following the standardized
methods (see http://dect.osmocom.org/trac/dect/wiki/Siemens for more
information).

Since I only own two different kinds of telephones, it would be useful
to get some more data. What I'm currently looking for is the debug
output from the asterisk channel driver (with "dect set debug on") for
the initial pairing, location registration and a call. If people could
send me that it would be much appreciated. Please also include the
telephone type and CC the linux-dect list.

I'll also release a program to capture and decode NWK layer
dumps between telephones and non-local FPs similar to the traces at
http://dect.osmocom.org/trac/dect/wiki/Siemens#Traces in one or
two weeks, I'll post an update then.

Thanks!