[gr-gsm] gr-gsm via pybombs error

Wilfredo Hernandez whernandez.ews at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:48:11 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am having issues installing gr-gsm through pybombs on Ubuntu 20.04.
GNURadio 3.8 was installed using the Nuand/BladeF Install guide (Link
Below). From there I used the link for gr-gsm (link below) to install it
using pybombs and using the same bladerf prefix. After installing a couple
dependencies, I recieve the following error: (Attached to this message is
the CMake Error log and CMake output log as well).

Cloning into 'gr-gsm'...
Configuring: (100%)
[=========================================================]
[WARNING] Configuration failed. Re-trying with higher verbosity.
-- Extracting version information from git describe...
-- Found Boost:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake (found
suitable version "1.71.0", minimum required is "1.35") found components:
filesystem system thread
--
-- Checking for module SWIG
-- Found SWIG version 4.0.1.
-- Found Boost:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Boost-1.71.0/BoostConfig.cmake (found
suitable version "1.71.0", minimum required is "1.71.0") found components:
date_time program_options filesystem system regex thread
unit_test_framework
CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:135 (find_package):
  Found package configuration file:

    /home/will/pybombs/bladeRF/lib/cmake/gnuradio/GnuradioConfig.cmake

  but it set Gnuradio_FOUND to FALSE so package "Gnuradio" is considered to
  be NOT FOUND.  Reason given by package:

  Gnuradio could not be found because dependency Volk could not be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:150 (message):
  GnuRadio Runtime required to compile gr-gsm

See also
"/home/will/pybombs/bladeRF/src/gr-gsm/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"/home/will/pybombs/bladeRF/src/gr-gsm/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
[ERROR] Configuration failed after running at least twice.
[ERROR] Problem occurred while building package gr-gsm:
Configuration failed
[ERROR] Error installing package gr-gsm. Aborting.

*Nuand GNURadio Install (Pybombs) *
https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/Getting-Started:-Linux

*GR-GSM Install *- https://osmocom.org/projects/gr-gsm/wiki/Installation

Thank you!!