a question

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:14:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

Please ask your questions on the mailing lists preferrably.
I've redirected this mail to it because it doesn't contain any
sensitive info and the response can be useful to others.

Thanks. But if you mean the  http://gmr.crypto.rub.de/ , I'm not the author :)

> But i have a question,Why you say that  "DALMA V2.0 (might be AMBE codec
> IC)"?

This is incorrect. The picture and embedded 'text' dates back from
before we knew what that chip was and we thought it might be the CODEC
chip. This turned out to be incorrect, it's just an ASIC that does the
timing sensitive part of the radio modem and some signal processing.

> Maybe the ambe codec is accomplished in TMS320C55x of the OMAP IC.

Yes, we know it is in the OMAP DSP. But unfortunately the code is not
that small and not really easy to read. If you want to give it a shot
and try to find it, please go ahead, that'd be a great help :)

Cheers,

    Sylvain