Subject: osmo-bts.git branch jolly/link-timeout created. 0.1.0-49-g35e8ac0
From: git repository hosting <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:19:18 +0100

This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script. It was
generated because a ref change was pushed to the repository containing
the project "Osmocom BTS-side code (Abis, scheduling, ...)".

The branch, jolly/link-timeout has been created
        at  35e8ac04d3526ce5906edd6bc99e36df0d239d2b (commit)

- Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
http://cgit.osmocom.org/cgit/osmo-bts/commit/?id=35e8ac04d3526ce5906edd6bc99e36df0d239d2b

commit 35e8ac04d3526ce5906edd6bc99e36df0d239d2b
Author: Andreas Eversberg <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Feb 5 09:06:49 2013 +0100

    Added radio link timeout procedure according to TS 05.08 Chapter 5.2
    
    Chapter 5.2 applies to MS procedure, but 5.3 (BSS procedure) defines no
    exact criterion, so I decided to use the procedure equivalent to MS.
    
    The criterion is based on a counter S, which is initialized to a preset
    RADIO_LINK_TIMEOUT, which can be configured via VTY. Whenever a received
    SACCH block is bad, S is counted down by one. If SACCH block is
    successfully decoded, S is counted up by two, but never above initial
    RADIO_LINK_TIMEOUT value. If S reaches 0, an RSL Connection Failure
    Indication with cause RF Radio Link Failure is sent to BSC, which then
    aborts channel.
    
    How to test:
    - Set "debug" for "meas" logging.
    - Start silent call to an attached mobile.
    - Remove battery from mobile or shield mobile.
    - Watch S count down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

hooks/post-receive
-- 
Osmocom BTS-side code (Abis, scheduling, ...)