Subject: Failure Notice
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 11:39:40 -0000

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email-masked]>:
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to [email-masked] cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1027.mail.ird.yahoo.com [BODY]

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:36:16 +0200
From: Harald Welte <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OpenBSC "success stories", anyone ?
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all!

We sometimes get media inquiries about where (and for what) OpenBSC is
actually deployed.  Like any Free Software project, we of course have no
clue how many users there are, and what they do with it.

There are some companies that we know of, as we've received their
patches, or actually did some consulting for them as part of our paid
work.  Some of them are actually listed in the source code and/or on our
homepage.

However, I would like to see more than those "usual suspects".

So if you use OpenBSC for anything beyond your personal hobby,  I would
like to hear from you.  If possible, I would like to anything from a
small one-line statement to a multi-paragraph explanation about it on
our project webpage.

It doesn't have to be all-positive.  You can even state that you tried
it but didn't get 

So far, I know there are
 * at least one handful of academic institutions using it for research
   and/or teaching
 * at least one company that's using OpenBSC based networks as
   communications technology at large events (concerts/festivals and the like)
 * at least one company operating OpenBSC on board of maritime vessels
 * at least one company building systems for desaster / emergency relief
   based on OpenBSC

So if all of you (or at least some of you) could step forward and send
me a notice (either privately or Cc to this list), I would appreciate it
a lot.

Regards,
	Harald

p.s.: And yes, I'm talking about the OpenBSC homepage, not the sysmocom
company page.  We keep a strict separation between those two, and if you
ever think that we might not follow that clear distinction.

-- 
- Harald Welte <[email-masked]>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
============================================================================
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)